Monday, January 25, 2010

Book Cover Design

I chose to do the 3 book cover design project because I like doing things where there is a consistent element but distinct chracterists to each part. I chose the spine-tingler series because those are all classic books. I have been brainstorming different things that tie all the books together. I really want to manipulate the text and have that be the main focus on the cover. I was leaning towards doing a black background but I haven't decided if I wanted to print on black paper. It is definitly something I am going to look into. I was thinking about putting a kind of horror mountain or forest scene in the background. Maybe a dark gray outline, just to add detail. Another thing i wanted to play with was the synopsis on the back cover. I like the books that empasize certain lines of text, so you can read the lines quickly but they also fit into the entire paragraph. I think this project is going to be a challenge to put a modern spin on the covers, but it is going to be very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment