Sunday, February 14, 2010

Desktop Publishing

I have desktop publishing this semester which is basically a second graphic design class. We are working through the entire semester to create a final publication, artist book. Mine is based on the music I listen to and why. For the first project, we had to explore getting images from different sources and experiment with how to show our theme through these images. Here are the images that I created.

This is my found image. It is Disturbed's Indestructable album cover. I wanted to show kind of how the music "burns" with in me. I used a photo of burnt paper to create my edges and drew them in to burn out places where the Disturbed character and i matched up. Then I also shifted some things around on the album cover to blend better.


















This is my scanned image. It is the Korn's Greatest Hits album and I changed the text to Cathy. I always changed the parental advisory.




















This is my image that I took for the project. It has the lyrics to "I Will Not Bow" by Breaking Benjamin down the right side and also repeated smaller across the photo as texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment