Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grunge blob

In the first critique, My text was criticized for being to clean and modern for the classical books that I am making covers for. So, I switched to a serif font and also added a kind of grunge detail to make it look like text was deteriorating. I looked at some different some different grunge brush styles online and then decided to create my own grunge blob in photoshop. I just used on of the basic splatter like brushes and drew a center black swirl. Then I added some single click splatters around the edges.

Here is my finished blob:



















Then I placed the psd file in Indesign. Since my covers have a black background, I used to the edges of the blob to kind of erase the white text and make it look like it is breaking down into the black.

The main spot I did this is on my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde cover. I made the text "Mr. Hyde" look really deteriorated.

Here is that cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment