Monday, October 4, 2010

Green Tree Documents

These are the Green Tree Document comps that Rachel Winter and I presented last thursday. Our next step is to refine the blueprint sketch so your eye has a intentional direction to follow around the page. Overall I really like our design. I think the typeface relates really well with the blueprint sketch and it also fits the project because it is an exact sketch of living green, enviormentally friendly architecture.

















The Cover of the Program includes the garden section of the blueprint sketch and the text is placed in a box formed by a room of the building. I think the spacing around the text is nice and like that there is not a whole lot of text on the page. One thing to work on, on this page is make the drawing a little less busy.

















This is the agenda and an awards page in the awards dinner program. I think the text is laid out well the heading in the novelty font. The sketches on the side may change a little bit but overall I think the spacing around them is pretty nice.

















Here is the dinner menu and another awards page. I think the text on the left page is pretty heavy, especially compared to the menu, which is very spacious. I really like the designs on the menu. I am not sure how to fix the other awards page.

















This is the back page of the program. We had the idea to do a re-statement of all the information on the back as kind of a summary instead of putting it on the cover. When we met with The Garden Club rep on Thursday she really liked this idea. I also really like the little design on the bottom of the page. I think it is a good ending point.
































This is the front and back of the invitation. The concept is that the section with the G will fold over and cover the G on the other side. This way when they open the invitation it will be revealing the back yard with the green part of the design.   The entire blueprint is shown on the invitation when it is fully open. We are working on it to make it a little less busy. I like the back page because the line design from the garden clearly points from the text.  We will edit this design a little bit to use the space a little better but still keep that idea of the lines directing your eye.


















This is the front and back of the back. I am really happy with how they turned out. The front will change  a little just to make it less busy. I like the back because each day on the agenda flips but the information is still really clear. I also like how the drawing divides the space.

I think this design is successful and Rachel and I are meeting today to put in the final drawings and fix some of the things that I talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment