Thursday, October 7, 2010

Growing Circle

These are the logos and the mastheads that I designed for Growing Circle.

















For the color and the black and white logos, I darkened all the grays so you can actually see it. The only thing I think I need to work on yet is from far away the stroke around the small logo standing as the "o" worries me. Otherwise, I really like the logo and the background works well to give it shape.
















On the mastheads, I added the logo background in the lower right corner and the water color border. I tried adding a color background but didn't think it worked. I like that on the color one, the only color is the logo like the center of a queen anne's lace flower. The background colors were either to dark and then when I tried changing the value, it either looked orange or pink. I think the border works because of the the outline text: Gr wing. Another change I might make is flipping the logo so the swirls direct the viewers eye back on to the masthead. The stroke also worries me on this design.

The reason I wanted to have the black stroke around the small logo is because it matched the outline text and made it stand out just a little bit more than the letters. I think it could be successful it i got the size right. Other things I tried were a drop shadow and duplicating the logo a little larger in black behind it but it just didn't look as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment