Monday, April 4, 2011

Latest Open Bar Night Poster

This is my most recent poster in the Open Bar Night Series. It is my favorite so far. I feel like the design has developed a lot with the assembly line of bottles replacing the usual black bar. I also like the font for Brewery Tour. I think it has the same qualities as the other fonts I have used but is easier to read. I created the capital B and T. This poster also has some texture in the background, which I kind of did in the ladies night poster but I feel it is more successful here.


 I showed this poster at the AIGA student folio review and got some really good feedback. One of the suggestions was based off the 25 - 15 - 5 rule. From 25 feet away people could read the brewery tour, and from 15 they could read most of the other text. I feel like for the next poster I will try to add in that 5 foot level of information. I could use an interesting statistic to really draw people in and make them want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment