Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where I am at right now . . .

So now that all my info is in and I kind of played with the font, I decided to break the design out of the periodic table form. I had some ideas of maybe stirring the boxes around in a bowl of salsa or making the shape of one of the fruits. However, I talked with Austin Gundlach and he had the idea of laying things out on a cutting board. I started playing with that idea. I changed the shape of my box to match a section of the diced fruit or vegetable. Then I laid them out in rows as if they had just been diced. I am going to add half of the fruit or vegetable on the side and probably a knife. I could also do a salt and pepper shaker with the different spices on them. I think it would also be cool to show like half a bowl of salsa on the side. I think this approach will work really well and is obviously much more interesting then the periodic table shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment