Wednesday, September 14, 2011

After a summer away doing some deep personal analysis -- and by that I mean playing a lot of beach volleyball -- school has once again started. But I don't want this post to be one of those "Going back to school, so now I am going to start blogging again. It's going to be a great year" ones; I want this post to be the start of a new blog focused on me as a designer not a student fulfilling a class requirement. 


I have changed a lot since I started this blog and some updates were long overdue:


New Title - Design Randomness? I don't know why I kept that title for so long. Design isn't random. Honestly, I think that title came from not knowing what I wanted to do with this blog and actually, not really knowing what I wanted to do with my design in general. Well, three years down the road and I am confident in who I am. Hence the new title: Farmer and Designer. It is a spin off of my nickname Farmer Cathy, because my friends thought it was funny that a small town, farm girl ended up in Milwaukee working on computers. It is funny, but it is also what makes me different. I have a more informal, service oriented approach to design and really strong work ethic that I attribute to my background of growing up on a farm. In contrast, I really enjoy being in milwaukee -- t's city to me. My town only had four hundred people in it -- and love the digital creativity in doing graphic design and photography. 


Background - Linen paper texture from my business card. I like the linen paper because its soft. It relates to how I want to present myself. I don't feel the need to put on a suit to impress people. I want to understand where people are coming from so I can create better designs to fit their needs. To me design is a service. 


I like the new look and it will keep developing. I think it is a much better fit for who I am and where I want to go with my designs. 









No comments:

Post a Comment