Monday, October 10, 2011

Things I found Out Flipping Copies #3

Lesson #3


>> I can have my cake and eat it too.


Last Monday was one of the busiest days in copy center in a long time. Over half the staff was out on the past Thursday and Friday due to sickness and holidays. I came in at 8 am only to be overwhelmed with projects that people had wanted completed by the past Friday. Luckily for me, one of the staff's birthdays was that day and they had a huge cake. I spent the entire morning catching up on the emails and eating cake whenever I got up to switch paper or put a project on a shelf. 


I was trying to decide if it would have been better to work straight through all the emails and then eat the cake once I was finished. Realistically, having that delicious desert next to me all morning did not take up a lot of extra time and it kept my stress level way lower. 


Point being: Life is about balance. When things get really stressful, it is even more important to have cake, meaning to take time for yourself to do the fun things in life. 


My cake is beach volleyball. I spend a lot of time at the beach and some would argue that I could get more work done if I cut that out of my schedule. However, having that fun time keeps me relaxed and a much happier person, so I stand by my decision. As long as there is a balance, life is good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment