Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another Muybridge Emulation
















Immediately when I saw this series of images by Muybridge, I thought of having Melissa Webb dance because she danced before coming to Stritch. I really like how Muybridge captured the movement of the dress.













I really like how my emulation turned out. We did not have a light draping dress like the one that Muybridge's model is wearing. Instead we used a scarf. I really like the way it flowed as Melissa turned and think it was a creative solution to the problem. I had the same issue with the flash not firing fast enough. Since Melissa was turning so fast it was also hard to keep her entirely in the frame and there are a few shots where some of the set, such as the top of the backdrop is showing.

I like this emulation better than the one of my hand because I think the photos of Melissa could be strong individually where as the hand emulation photos work better in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment