Sunday, May 1, 2011

Final Open Bar Night of the Semester

This is my last Open Bar Night Poster design as an RA. I told my friend I would probably help her do the posters next year. However, it is still sad to think that this is the final one. It wont be the same when I am not doing everything for the program.

This month's is called Tailgate party. I know baseball is in season right now, but the field goal posts worked really well to break up the space.

















Some of the elements that I like about this poster are the background texture, and how the text is no longer pushed to the edges compared to the other posters. The main font is Varsity and I distorted that by hand. I also really like the added element of a statistic on the poster. This was one of the suggestions I received at my portfolio review.

Overall, I really think with these last two Open Bar posters, that I really developed the design for this event. This poster also got printed larger, two 20 by 30 in to go in each residence hall lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment