Friday, May 6, 2011

Portraits of Melissa Webb

These are some shots of Melissa Webb that I took during my Muybridge project that I really liked and edited. Melissa Webb basically grew up dancing so I think these are really good portraits of her. I really like the contrast and the red shall.


I like the angle of her neck in this photo. One thing that isn't working as well for me is how you see the tip of her foot. I think maybe it would be better if you saw both feet or if the foot was more prominent and pointed.


























I really like the look on Melissa's face in this picture. I also think the shall and her arm create a really strong angle that leads you through the photo. The only thing that throws me off a little bit, is that her arm appears slightly bent backwards. Melissa told me this is because she is double jointed.
























I like how her chin is parallel to her arm in this picture. I also think that her feet positioned as if she was taking a step works well. The shall creates some really nice movement in this picture as well. I love the dark shadows and three deep red ripples on the right left side.
























The reason I like this photo is because her head, hand with the shall, and both feet are in line in the center of the picture. Her hand with the shall and kicked up foot appear to be on one level plane while her face and back foot are aligned on another. I just thought it was a really interesting pose and I like the serious look she has on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment