Monday, May 2, 2011

Muybridge Bouquet (Batman?)

I did an emulation photo of Muybridge's series of images of a child presenting a women with a bouquet. I think series shows the care between a mother and child as well as the actual motion it captures.













For my shoot, I asked Sarah and Dominic to model. The shoot went really fast. Dominic listened well. It was fun because instead of having Dominic carry a flower to Sarah, I had him carry his batman toy. Another thing I tried to do in this shoot was to incorporate the lines that Muybridge has in the background. I like this technique because it really puts an emphasis on analyzing the movement in between shots. I tried using a chalkboard and drawing lines on it; however, the board was too small for the scene. Sarah is sitting kind of outside of the background of the chalkboard and I do not like the pattern in the wall. I think it is really distracting. My series of images captures a little bit more than Muybrigde because Dominic gives Sarah the toy, then they hug and Dominic backs away. I like the way it fit in the layout of twelve shots. All the hug shots are in the middle row.

No comments:

Post a Comment