Friday, March 26, 2010

Information Design Concept

I am really excited about my Information Design Project.

My idea is based on music and how it has changed over time. I am doing research on Woodstock, and how the spirit of that concert was all about peace and freedom and tracing the evolution of bands to events such as the '99 Woodstock which ended in chaos and even the development of heavy metal, more specifically death metal bands that are so extreme as to promote cannibalism and murder. I want to look at how our society changed and influenced this massive change from music that promoted the spirit of peace and love to now where rock music is about the exact opposite.

My design idea is to have amps and speakers representing the bands  connected by cords and mini-plugs to show how the different band began and in what years. Another level of information would be the social forces and I think representing them using stage lights shining down on the amps to show what influenced what band and kind of what was going on in that time period.

I have a lot of information to sort through but I think I can pull this together. It is definitely something I am really interested in because I do go to a lot of rock concerts and it is an entirely different feel than was promoted at the first Woodstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment