Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Photoshop Club Meeting - Project Night

Stritch.psd met tonight to have the first of the every other week project nights. It was Austin, Melissa Webb and myself. We worked on ideas for the sign for the Underground, the garden level lounge in Assisi. Austin sent several ideas to Alex Dresen, the Assisi Hall director. He explored many different typographic routes using illustrator ranging from more grunge style typefaces to digital looking ones. I worked on an idea based on the grunge, underground, dirty feel. Here is my design.









I wanted something that started out pretty smooth on top and then got eroded as it went down. I used different layering and brush strokes to create the destroyed look.

Now we are waiting to hear back from Alex to see what designs he liked best. The signs will be on the outside and inside the lounge as well as on future publicity for events held in that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment