Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Typeface
















































Here is the new kind of base design for my typeface. I fixed the sizes and swirls. I also added my own hand drawn star. I am still going to do the distortion of the letters by crumpling them and scanning them back in. I changed my idea of using duct tape back to actually sewing the letterforms. It is kind of a spin off my original idea. I thought about how my letters referenced fairytales with the vine like swirls and stars. I named the typeface Fairytale Unraveling. It reminds me of stories like Sarah Orne Jewett's, The White Heron, which have fairytale like qualities but the main characters do not live happily ever after. For my promotion peice then, I wanted to either a book, or even brochure and use that kind of fairytale quality to sell my typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment