Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Typeface Designs







































This is the rough of my Typeface. I use the wacom tablet to draw the letterforms and swirls on the first set. Then I thought it looked to edgy and vine like which really wasn't what I was going for. In the next set of letters, I used a brush to place in some green star shapes. I liked them because of the white centers and I thought they brightened the text. I took it another step farther and added small stars to kind of create a trail from the green shapes. Really all I wanted from the stars was just a decorative element to make the text look brighter and kind of prettier with out going girly.

When we talked about my typeface in the critique, suggestions were made to hand draw decorative elements like the star. I like that approach and think it will work a lot better then the green shape. I am also going to edit the stroke of the actual letters and make it less pointed and then fix the swirls.

1 comment:

  1. Just like to make a note that I printed off the letters and did the crumpling and taping back together. Then I scanned them back in but the file was too large so I couldn't upload it. I will post a image of the reconstructed letters as soon as I re-scan them.

    ReplyDelete