Monday, March 1, 2010

Trip to Book Arts Gallery

Last Thursday, I went on a field trip to a book arts gallery with my Desktop Publishing class. They had a lot of artist books there which was great to see because our final project in that class is an artist book.

On book that really inspired me for my project was a long, kind of accordion style publication. Its pages unfolded into one long line with a stories on one side and different pictures on the other side.

I thought this would work good for my project because I wanted to design cd lyric booklets. I think it would be a kind of unique take on them. I could put pictures and my reflections on one side and then all the lyrics could extend down the other side, the long way. One side of the book you would read across and the other would read down.

It was definitely a worth while trip and really helped spark ideas for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment